Thursday, July 24, 2008

Introducing Rosalie

The Rosalie gloves pattern is now available in my Etsy Shop.

A ball of hand-dyed burgundy yarn sat in a ball on my bedroom shelf, waiting for inspiration to turn it into a pair of socks. The yarn was special, and I knew it had to be just the right pattern. An original pattern. I tried to sketch out some ideas, but none were good enough.

At the time, I was reading the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. The gothic nature of this yarn seemed more apparent to me after reading these books. I started thinking about the yarn turning into something with a little lace and a pinch of sex appeal.Then I realized, this yarn wasn’t meant for socks at all, but for gloves. Lacy, feminine, sexy gloves. Rosalie was born, inspired by a character in the series.




As the pattern unveiled itself, I realized that a less gothic version would be beautiful as well. This pattern in cream or white would be ideal for a winter wedding. The same pattern in black with bright colored ribbon would be great for a teen or young adult. Change out the ribbon to suit your mood. Give the gloves only partial fingers or no fingers at all. You can even just knit the ruffle and cuff, turn them upside down, and use them as ruffled wrist-warmers. This pattern offers many possibilities.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

AuntieAnn said...

Woot! These look great, and so does the Hermione hat!

You go, girl!

Amy said...

Hermione's hat... gloves from twilight... you are so going in my google reader!
The gloves are gorgeous!