Monday, June 23, 2008

The Too-Short Reunion

Mr. Yarnworks could walk in the door at any time. Last I heard, he thought he'd fly into Sioux Falls on Monday afternoon, but said he wouldn't get his itinerary until he got to Kuwait. Well, he told me that on Friday and was supposed to fly into Kuwait on Saturday. He said he would email or call as soon as he could after that. Now it's 1am Monday morning and I still have no idea if he's going to surprise me by bounding in the door or if I'll get an email that his flight into Kuwait was delayed and it'll be a month before he's home. No clue. This is probably the worst part. Especially for the control freak in me. I'm not ready at all. The house is a disaster. I tried to clean today, but when I tried to put away laundry, Baby Yarnworks got into some leftover birthday cake (birthday party pics coming soon) and got icing all over the newly mopped kitchen floor. While cleaning that up, she spilled some beads. I finally just gave up. After all, it might be days or weeks before it really truly needs to be clean, right?

Tomorrow morning I'll drop the kids off at daycare as early as I can and make the best of the house and of me. Gosh, I'm a mess too! Where's the genie that can help me drop 40 lbs in a blink when I need her?

If you don't hear from me for awhile...that's good news. ;)

3 comments:

AuntieAnn said...

Aw, I hope he's home soon and stays a long time! I'm looking forward to not hearing anything from you for a while!

AuntieAnn said...

And I meant that in the best possible way, of course!

Anonymous said...

Apparently he made it home, since your blog has been silent. I don't think that he cares if the house is clean. Hope you have a great time while he is home!